Monday, November 2, 2009

Life Lessons

In To Kill a Mockingbird Scout learns many lessons from her father, Atticus. Atticus' insightful observations about life help Scout to understand the world around her and the actions of adults. This week we will be discussing indirect characterization of Atticus - specifically, things he says that impact his children.

Think of something insightful that one of your parents or another influential adult may have told you. This should be something meant to help you understand the world around you or the actions of others that resonated - something that you have thought about or considered since.

Write two paragraphs: the first paragraph should explain the context and what was said, the second paragraph should discuss when and how you have thought of this since and the life lesson you learned as a result.

Post and comment by Friday, November 6.

6 comments:

  1. ok, so i have a quote, from my grandma, but it kinda sorta has a minor swear in it (synonym of feces) but this quote really inspires me... Can I use it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha olybearr 57, im pretty sure mrs. gliman wont care. i had "swear words" onmy last blog,she hasnt said a word. this is such a huge step up for me. i would either wait to do my blog at 11:30 or not do it at all! I did it the first day of the week! BEEAST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Wooky. We Mrs. Gilman is pretty layed back on those kind of things I would think. Make sure it isn't to bad though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs. GIlman! It's Erin. My blogger name is Stott@honors2.

    <^.^>

    ReplyDelete